Taste the delights of Sydney for a world of delicious experiences. With an abundance of fresh produce, great seafood and multicultural influences, Sydney is a melting pot and restaurants cater for a range of tastes and budgets. Treat yourself to authentic flavours and mouth-watering cuisines.
With a temperate climate and lots of sunshine, eating outdoors is popular year round. There are many cafés and restaurants in Sydney with outdoor dining, pubs with enticing courtyards, and rooftop bars with harbour and city skyline views.
Some of the best “eat streets” are to be found in Sydney’s vibrant inner city neighbourhoods, such as Potts Point, Chippendale, Surry Hills and Newtown, where there are numerous exciting cafés and restaurants offering creative menus.
From north to south and east to west, check out the enticing variety of places to eat:
• Sydney City, home to the iconic Sydney Opera House
• Inner Sydney for new dining and taste sensations
• Sydney East for beachside dining at Bondi and Coogee
• Sydney North, home to Taronga Zoo and Manly Beach
• Sydney West for sports and international flavours
• Sydney South, home to the Royal National Park
Each year The Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide reviews restaurants in Sydney and awards one, two or three chef’s hats to the best, similar to Michelin stars. For waterside dining, take a Sydney Seaplane for a memorable day. Brunch in Sydney is popular, too.