There are few better ways to experience Sydney than with a cold drink in hand. Unfortunately, you can’t head out to your favourite bar or pub right now. Instead, why not bring the party to you? Have pre-made cocktails delivered to your door, take a virtual wine tasting tour of regional NSW or plan a great night out while staying in.
- Order cocktails, wine, beer and spirits delivered to your door
- Take a virtual wine tour of regional NSW
- How to enjoy a night out from home
From waterside pubs and rooftop cocktail lounges to secret small bars, craft breweries and late night clubs, there’s a place for everyone. Catch up with friends, meet the locals and fall in love with a city that knows how to have a good time.
Start with a drink at Sydney’s most famous address. Opera Bar sits right next to the Sydney Opera House and looks out over the harbour and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Step back in time in The Rocks at the 1830s Lord Nelson pub and the 1840s Doss House, a cosy basement whisky bar.
Head up for stylish drinks and breathtaking views at the city’s best hotel bars. Try Blu Bar on 36 at the Shangri-La, Zephyr at the Hyatt Regency, Zeta Bar at the Hilton, Hacienda at the Pullman Quay Grand, Level 7 at Primus Hotel and the Champagne Bar at Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour.
Sydney has undergone a small bar revolution in recent years, with tiny drinking dens popping up every week. The names are as creative as the drinks, like Old Mate’s Place in the city centre, Misfits in Redfern, Jacoby’s in Enmore, This Must Be the Place in Darlinghurst and Dear Saint Eloise in Potts Point.
You’ll find plenty of classic Australian pubs around the city, too. Local favourites include The Royal in Paddington, The Newport on the Northern Beaches, Hotel Palisade in Millers Point, The Glenmore Hotel in The Rocks, The Dolphin in Surry Hills and The Imperial in Erskineville.
Looking for a bar that suits your style? There’s one for you somewhere in the Harbour City.
- Sydney City for quirky small bars, creative cocktails and heritage pubs.
- Inner Sydney for boutique breweries, hipster haunts and live music.
- Sydney East for rooftop bars, ocean views and beautiful people.
- Sydney North for sprawling pubs, waterfront beer gardens and small batch breweries.
- Sydney West for multicultural flavour, underground small bars and glamorous rooftops.
- Sydney South for classic Aussie pubs, beach bars and tropical cocktails.