Concerts & live music
Sydney is full of great music venues, from underground jazz joints to the iconic Sydney Opera House, with concerts and live shows to suit a plethora of tastes. Discover everything from emerging artists on intimate stages to international acts at vast arenas in the NSW capital.
- The Wombats at Hordern Pavilion, 11-12 June 2022
- Jimmy Barnes at Aware Super Theatre, 25 June 2022
- Glass Animals at Hordern Pavilion, 16-17 July 2022
- The Strokes at Hordern Pavilion, 28-29 July 2022
- Louis Tomlinson at Hordern Pavilion, 22-23 July 2022
- Gorillaz at Qudos Bank Arena, 26 July 2022
- Gang of Youths at Qudos Bank Arena, 6 August 2022
- Sigur Ros at Aware Super Theatre, 12 August 2022
- Arlo Parks at Metro Theatre, 13 August 2022
- Rex Orange County at Hordern Pavilion, 8-9 September 2022
- Billie Eilish at Qudos Bank Arena, 13-15 September 2022
- The Script at Aware Super Theatre, 16 September 2022
- Leon Bridges at Sydney Opera House, 3-5 October 2022
- Agnes Obel at , 14 October 2022
- Tame Impala at Qudos Bank Arena, 20 October 2022
- Kings of Leon at Qudos Bank Arena, 31 October 2022
- Dua Lipa at Qudos Bank Arena, 8-9 November 2022
- Alanis Morissette at Qudos Bank Arena, 11 November 2022
- Vancy Joy at Sydney Opera House, 19 November 2022
- Guns N' Roses at Stadium Australia, 27 November 2022
- Justin Bieber at Allianz Stadium, 30 November 2022
- RUFUS DU SOL at The Domain, 2 December 2022
- Pixies at Sydney Opera House, 3 December 2022
- Keith Urban at Qudos Bank Arena, 5-6 December 2022
- 5 Seconds of Summer at Sydney Opera House, 9-10 December 2022
- Michael Buble at Qudos Bank Arena, 14 December 2022
Sydney concerts & music venues
The Enmore Theatre in Newtown is the oldest-running music venue in New South Wales, featuring established acts and events. For edgy performance art and live music, the Oxford Art Factory, in Darlinghurst, is a warehouse-like venue with several performance spaces. Located in the old railway workshops in Redfern, Carriageworks hosts performances from local and international artists throughout the year.
In the CBD, the Metro Theatre has been rocking the city centre with heavy-metal, indie and alternative bands for more than two decades. A short walk away is the beautiful State Theatre, where you can enjoy classic concerts as well as fantastic touring artists.
For jazz, head to The Vanguard in Newtown and Foundry 616 in Ultimo. World music fans will love the Camelot Lounge. In arty Marrickville, discover bands and other live performances at the Factory Theatre, Red Rattler and Lazybones Lounge. Sydney’s Olympic Park is home to a number of large scale venues including Qudos Bank Arena and Stadium Australia, hosting big-name artists and concerts.
Go to one of the city’s regular music nights to listen to local musicians and artists. Sounds on the Terrace at The Museum of Contemporary Art features a program of live music on the terrace overlooking Sydney Opera House - check the website for dates and times.
For live music and great pizza, head to Frankie’s Pizza in the city centre, with bands and DJs playing every night from Thursday to Sunday. Head to Soda Factory in Surry Hills on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for live music and late-night DJs. In Glebe, Sunday is Live Music Under The Stairs at The Little Guy Bar. If you are interested in local bands, check out the line-up in upcoming months at Vic on the Park in Marrickville, Kings Cross Hotel in Darlinghurst, The Bank Hotel in Newtown and The Lansdowne in Chippendale.