The Hero of Waterloo
The History of the Hero of Waterloo Hotel in The Rocks, Sydney, begins in 1843.
George Paton, builder of the Garrison Church in 1840, bought the adjoining land from Johnathon Clarke (The Shipwrights Arms, 1831).
Paton, a stonemason, built The Hero from sandstone brought up from the Argyle Cut. A favourite drinking spot for the Garrison Troops of the Colonial days.
This lovely hotel with its burning open log fires, amazing live music, well stocked bar, red coat history cellar museum tour, and its warm hospitality is a must for any tourist.
Caters for people who use a wheelchair.