Macarthur Park was opened in 1906 and has a number of different areas including a heritage rose garden, the wisteria walk, the Cenotaph honouring World War One soldiers, and a shelter built in 1913 in memory of Mrs Elizabeth Macarthur-Onslow.
Mrs Elizabeth Macarthur-Onslow, a granddaughter of John Macarthur, gifted Macarthur Park to the people of Camden in 1905. The park is home to Camden's War Memorial and the Faithfull-Anderson Fountain, which once stood where the roundabout is now, at the intersection of John and Argyle Street. The park is well known for its heritage rose garden.
Caters for people who use a wheelchair.