St Bartholomews Church and Cemetery
St Bartholomew's Church was the first church to open in Prospect in 1841, as a result of early explorer William Lawson's push for it to be built. Today his vault, along with many other pioneer graves can be viewed.
The Church operated until 1967 when, after an attack of vandalism, it was closed. In 1989 fire gutted the Church, destroying the 1850s organ and the 1908 furniture. It was restored in 2000 and in 2001 Blacktown City Council purchased it from the Anglican Property Trust.
The Church is of Colonial Georgian design, being a rectangular brick structure with a nave, chancel and two vestries. The main entrance is through the bell tower at the front, which has a square base with an octagonal belfry.