Dance & Performing Arts
Enjoy stunning dance and performing arts performances in Sydney. From ballet and contemporary dance to opera and Aboriginal dance theatre, both local and touring companies offer the chance to experience exciting performances across the city.
What’s on & coming soon
- Anna Karenina, Sydney Opera House, opening April 2022
- ab [intra], Sydney Dance Company, 2-11 June 2022
- Terrain, Bangarra Dance Theatre, June-August 2022
- SandSong: Stories from the Great Sandy Desert, Bangarra Dance Theatre, June-September 2022
- Resound, Sydney Dance Company, 28 October-5 November 2022
- New Breed 2022, Sydney Dance Company, 30 November-17 December 2022
- Romeo and Juliet, Sydney Opera House, opening December 2022
Dance in Sydney
The beautiful harbour city is home to some of Australia's leading dance companies, including Sydney Dance Company, The Australian Ballet and Bangarra Dance Theatre, the internationally acclaimed indigenous contemporary dance troupe.
The Australian Ballet puts on a number of productions each year at Sydney Opera House. The company is considered one of the best in the world.
The Sydney Dance Company is one of Australia's most innovative performance companies. Artistic director Rafael Bonachela leads the contemporary dance troupe, based at their newly studios at Walsh Bay.
Bangarra Dance Theatre are also based in Walsh Bay. The company is Australia's leading First Nations performing arts company, drawing on more than 40,000 years of culture, embodied in contemporary movement.
Opera in Sydney
There’s no better way to enjoy Sydney Opera House, than by experiencing an Opera inside the sails. Opera Australia, the resident Opera company presents an extensive season of works each year.
Make sure you arrive early to enjoy drinks or dinner at one of the pop-up bars and restaurants on site.