Historic houses in Appin
Follow the “Burragorang and Bushrangers” drive from Picton through Oakdale, Nattai, The Oaks, Mount Hunter and then via Razorback Lookout to Picton.
This historic town, named after the village of Appin in Scotland, dates back to 1811 and was the fifth village in the colony of Sydney. In 1824, explorers, Hume and Hovell commenced their expedition to Port Phillip from this district and a monument stands on the road from Campbelltown commemorating the beginning of that journey.
Today, Appin has many colonial buildings to admire including the Appin public school, historic churches, and the Old Rectory. Enjoy the rugged beauty of the area on the drive between Appin and Douglas Park, through Broughtons Pass and crossing the Cataract River and Cataract Dam.
- There are no events listed
The historic Appin School Masters Residence at Appin Primary School. Image Tourism Wollondilly
St Bede's Catholic Church, Appin. Image Tourism Wollondilly
The Hume and Hovell Monument on Appin road. Image Tourism Wollondilly