Summer fun in Sydney's north
Surf and sandy beaches, wilderness and wildlife, shopping and Luna Parkare all featured in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Enjoy rowing along Lane Cove River in Lane Cove National Park. There are also many great accommodation options to choose from in this picturesque part of Sydney.
- Friday 7 March to Friday 28 March Massive Business Networking Breakfast
Members visitors and Love Your
- Saturday 15 March Northside Produce Market
- Saturday 15 March Dinner with a Twist
About Sydney North
Just across the harbour from the city lies a cluster of leafy northern suburbs known for their easy bushwalks, bustling markets and family entertainment. You can enjoy some of the city's most stunning views of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House from North Sydney's foreshore or from Kirribilli's cottage-lined streets.
At Milsons Point, visit Luna Park – the ideal fun family day out. Mosman is home to Taronga Zoo – in a dramatic harbourside location – and some of the most beautiful homes in Sydney. Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Taronga Zoo by booking and attending the Taronga Centre’s Banquet Dinner or Cocktail Party. While you’re in Mosman, be sure to enjoy a beachside walk or swim at Balmoral Beach. Sophisticated shoppers will enjoy Military Road for its boutiques and bustling cafe lifestyle.
Famous beaches Manly and Palm Beach are at either end of a beautiful stretch of coastline that offers great surf beaches, cliff-top walks, and alfresco restaurant options. Catch the ferry to Manly and enjoy the Manly Sea Life Sanctuary. Swim, surf, hire a bike or take in the scenery while you walk the Manly to Spit Bridge Scenic Walkway.
Further north-west is the beautiful Hawkesbury River, which you can explore by boat or stay overnight in a cosy riverside boathouse. The historic Bella Vista Farms in Baulkham Hills hosts Shakespeare in the Park from 6 December to 30 December – the perfect way to start your summer in Sydney. The Hawkesbury River meets the sea at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, a place of great natural beauty and history.
Popular Sydney North pages
The Sydney South beaches are ideal for family fun, including Cronulla Beach which is great for fishing and surfing. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the coastline through Botany Bay National Park, then learn about the area’s history at La Perouse Museum.
Sydney West sits at the foot of the beautiful Blue Mountains. Take the scenic route to Parramatta on a Rivercat from Circular Quay. Once there, you can explore the history of Australia’s second oldest European settlement.Penrith, Windsor and the Featherdale Wildlife Park are also great spots to visit.
Located between the city and the coast, the eastern suburbs are home to some of Sydney's well known outdoor attractions – Bondi Beach, Watsons Bay, South Head and Nielsen Park. Enjoy the surf and party at Bondi Beach, go to Watsons Bay for great seafood, to shop and to walk the magnificent coastline.
- Hawkesbury The Hawkesbury area is perfect for that rural escape or riverside holiday. Hawkesbury offers plenty of go...
- Manly Manly is the perfect beach for the whole family with sheltered swimming, surf, an aquarium, great fish an...
- Mosman Sophisticated Mosman is positioned on the harbour and home to several pocket-sized harbour beaches, styli...
- Northern Beaches North of the city, the beautiful stretch of coastline from Manly to Palm Beach has a relaxed beachside am...
- Palm Beach Palm Beach in NSW is a 50minute drive from Sydney. Sydney.com lists Palm Beach accommodation, restaurants...
- Windsor Things to do in Windsor, Rouse Hill House and Farm, historic Windsor, accommodation in Windsor, Hawkesbur...
- Surrounds Things to do in Windsor, Rouse Hill House and Farm, historic Windsor, accommodation in Windsor, Hawkesbur...