Fun in Sydney's north
Wilderness and wildlife, shopping and year-round surf are all featured in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Enjoy rowing along Lane Cove River in Lane Cove National Park or treat the kids to a day out at Luna Park. You'll find many great accommodation options to choose from in this picturesque part of Sydney..
About Sydney North
Just across the harbour from the city lies a cluster of leafy northern suburbs known for their easy bushwalks, bustling markets and family entertainment. You can enjoy some of the city's most stunning views of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House from North Sydney's foreshore or from Kirribilli's cottage-lined streets.
At Milsons Point, visit Luna Park – the ideal fun family day out. Mosman is home to Taronga Zoo – in a dramatic harbourside location – and some of the most beautiful homes in Sydney. Sophisticated shoppers will enjoy Military Road for its boutiques and bustling cafe lifestyle. Enjoy a relaxing beachside walk at Balmoral Beach.
Famous beaches Manly and Palm Beach are at either end of a beautiful stretch of coastline that offers great surf beaches, cliff-top walks, and alfresco restaurant options. Catch the ferry to Manly and enjoy the Manly Sea Life Sanctuary. Hire a bike or take in the scenery while you walk the Manly to Spit Bridge Scenic Walkway.
Further north-west is the beautiful Hawkesbury River, which you can explore by boat or stay overnight in a cosy riverside boathouse. The Hawkesbury River meets the sea at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, a place of great natural beauty and history.
Sunday 24 May 2015
Manly Scenic Fun Run Manly Scenic Fun Run - six years ru
Sunday 24 May 2015
NSW Doctors Orchestra Fundraising Concert Eighty doctors from across NSW will
Tuesday 26 May 2015
Inala Golf Day Invite clients, friends or colleagu
Located between the city and the coast, the eastern suburbs are home to some of the best waterfront restaurant and bars. Have a few drinks overlooking Bondi Beach, taste great seafood at to Watsons Bay, or take a break in a Coogee coffee shop. Make a day of it and take in the spectacular coastline on the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk.
Sydneys southern beaches are ideal for family fun, including Cronulla Beach which is a great spot for fishing. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the coastline through Botany Bay National Park, then learn about the areas history at La Perouse Museum.
Plan a day trip or stay in a B&B whilst you experience the Blue Mountains, explore the Jenolan Caves, visit the Three Sisters and ride the breathtaking Scenic Skyway. You can even feed a kangaroo and pat a koala at the Featherdale Wildlife Park.
- Hawkesbury The Hawkesbury area is perfect for that rural escape or riverside holiday. Hawkesbury offers plenty of good dining and accommodation options.
- Manly Manly is the perfect beach for the whole family with sheltered swimming, surf, an aquarium, great fish and chips and plenty of ice-cream shops.
- Mosman Sophisticated Mosman is positioned on the harbour and home to several pocket-sized harbour beaches, stylish cafes and boutiques, and Sydneyâs Taronga Zoo.
- Northern Beaches North of the city, the beautiful stretch of coastline from Manly to Palm Beach has a relaxed beachside ambience and plenty of things to see and do.
- Palm Beach Palm Beach in NSW is a 50minute drive from Sydney. Sydney.com lists Palm Beach accommodation, restaurants, weather and departing times for the Palm Beach Ferry
- Windsor Things to do in Windsor, Rouse Hill House and Farm, historic Windsor, accommodation in Windsor, Hawkesbury Valley