- Taronga Wild! Rhinos Sydney Harbour 2nd February - 28th April, 2014
- Strictly Ballroom The Musical Sydney Lyric Theatre 25 March to 1 June
- Inter Dominion Championship Grand Final Tabcorp ParkMenangle Park 2nd March, 2014
- Team Australia Challenge Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park 20th March, 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Carriageworks, Sydney 12th - 13th April, 2014
- Ferrari Racing Days Sydney Sydney Motorsport Park 11th - 13th Apri, 2014l
- Tyrannosaurs Australian Museum 23rd November 2013 - 27th July 2014
- Madama Butterfly Fleet Steps, Mrs Macquaries Point, Sydney 21st March - 11 April 2014
Find an Event
Sydney Track Classic Sydney Olympic Park Ath… Saturday 15 March
Whether you're an athlete, coach, or simply just love fierce competition on the track and the field, then come and see the hottest stars o…Find out more about Sydney Track Classic
NSW Food & Wine Festival Around Sydney and regio… Friday 21 February to
Friday 21 March
Go local and celebrate fine produce, wine, and wine regions with The Sydney Morning Herald NSW Food and Wine Festival. Guest stars include gro…Find out more about NSW Food & Wine Festival
Next MonthSee all events
Ferrari Racing Days Sydney
Sydney Motorsport Park
Friday 11 April to
Sunday 13 April
- Tooheys New Golden Slipper Day… Rosehill Gardens Rcecou… Saturday 5 April
Baz Luhrmann's Strictly Ba…
Tuesday 25 March to
Sunday 1 June
- The Championships Day 2 Royal Randwick Racecour… Saturday 19 April
- Schweppes Stakes Day Royal Randwick Racecour… Saturday 26 April
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Aus…
Sunday 6 April to
Thursday 10 April
- The Championships Day 1 Royal Randwick Racecour… Saturday 12 April
Inglis Australian Easter Yearl…
Tuesday 8 April to
Thursday 10 April
Sydney and NSW Events Calendar 2013-14
See Fantastic Events in NSW
There is no denying it: Sydney is the premier city for events in Australia. The city ends each year and kicks-off every new-year with a world-renowned display of fireworks. There are countless festivals, cultural exhibitions, days of celebration, and sporting events filling Sydney’s calendar. With the ability to entice people to from around the world, Sydney is always buzzing with activity, no matter which season!
Sydney knows how to throw a party and, with a number of public holiday celebrations held throughout the year, you’ll be able to experience some of Sydney’s legendary hospitality. The holiday and new-year period moves seamlessly into a celebration of the city itself, with Sydney Festival bringing lights, music, fun and frivolity to the streets. Events and holidays that are important to Australia’s history, including Australia Day and ANZAC Day, are solemn yet joyful times, with parades and other public events on offer.
International sporting rivalries and other sporting events are played out on Sydney’s world famous sporting arenas. Whether you are cheering for the Green and Gold as they do battle with international foes, or get immersed in the parochial appeal of Sydney’s local sporting rivalries, sporting events in Sydney will leave you wanting more of the city’s dynamic atmosphere.
With world-class facilities, Sydney is also home to Australia’s best cultural events. Sydney’s thriving arts community is on display alongside the best of the world in the city’s performance spaces, such as the Sydney Opera House and the Capitol Theatre. Exhibitions from around the world often choose to make a temporary home in Sydney, set amongst some of the best museums in Australia.
So whether you’re in the mood for frivolity and street parties, aperitifs at the Opera House, or wearing the colours of your favourite sporting team, Sydney plays host to the events that are important to you.