Fun in Sydney's north
Wilderness and wildlife, shopping and year-round surf are all featured in the northern suburbs of Sydney. Enjoy rowing along Lane Cove River in Lane Cove National Park or treat the kids to a day out at Luna Park. You'll find many great accommodation options to choose from in this picturesque part of Sydney.
About Sydney North
Just across the harbour from the city lies a cluster of leafy northern suburbs known for their easy bushwalks, bustling markets and family entertainment. You can enjoy some of the city's most stunning views of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House from North Sydney's foreshore or from Kirribilli's cottage-lined streets.
At Milsons Point, visit Luna Park – the ideal fun family day out. Mosman is home to Taronga Zoo – in a dramatic harbourside location – and some of the most beautiful homes in Sydney. Sophisticated shoppers will enjoy Military Road for its boutiques and bustling cafe lifestyle. Enjoy a relaxing beachside walk at Balmoral Beach.
Famous beaches Manly and Palm Beach are at either end of a beautiful stretch of coastline that offers great surf beaches, cliff-top walks, and alfresco restaurant options. Catch the ferry to Manly and enjoy the Manly Sea Life Sanctuary. Hire a bike or take in the scenery while you walk the Manly to Spit Bridge Scenic Walkway.
Further north-west is the beautiful Hawkesbury River, which you can explore by boat or stay overnight in a cosy riverside boathouse. The Hawkesbury River meets the sea at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, a place of great natural beauty and history.
Wednesday 5 August 2015
Buongiorno Allambie Heights - Free Italian language lessons The Scalabrini Village at Allambie
Saturday 8 August 2015
Spit to Zoo Challenge Race Four of the 2015 Sydney City R
Saturday 8 August 2015
League of Legends OPL Grand Final The League of Legends Oceanic Pro L
Visit Taronga Zoo and come face to face with native, rare and exotic animals. Visit Manly Sea Life Sanctuary and observe a wide variety of marine species or take the plunge and swim with sharks, stingrays and thousands of fish.
Head to Palm Beach and take advantage of acclaimed surfing conditions or unwind on the city’s northernmost stretch of sand. Ride the iconic Sydney ferry to Manly Wharf and spend the day lazing on golden sands, learning how to surf or swimming in the lifeguard patrolled waters of Manly Beach.
Spend time exploring the scenic walking tracks that weave their way through the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park or enjoy a family day out spent within the bushland of the Lane Cove National Park. Savour the spectacular harbour and beach views offered along the length of the Manly to Spit Bridge Walk.
- Hawkesbury The Hawkesbury area is perfect for that rural escape or riverside holiday. Hawkesbury offers plenty of good dining and accommodation options.
- Manly Manly is the perfect beach for the whole family with sheltered swimming, surf, an aquarium, great fish and chips and plenty of ice-cream shops.
- Mosman Sophisticated Mosman is positioned on the harbour and home to several pocket-sized harbour beaches, stylish cafes and boutiques, and Sydneyâs Taronga Zoo.
- Northern Beaches North of the city, the beautiful stretch of coastline from Manly to Palm Beach has a relaxed beachside ambience and plenty of things to see and do.
- Palm Beach Palm Beach in NSW is a 50minute drive from Sydney. Sydney.com lists Palm Beach accommodation, restaurants, weather and departing times for the Palm Beach Ferry
- Windsor Things to do in Windsor, Rouse Hill House and Farm, historic Windsor, accommodation in Windsor, Hawkesbury Valley