22 August 2011
Sydney’s laid-back outdoor lifestyle and physical allure make it one of the world’s easiest and most pleasant cities to visit and best of all, you can spend next to nothing to experience the best of what Sydney has to offer.
From venues with views, walks and activities on the harbour to cultural attractions, this week we will highlight all the best free things to do in and around Sydney on the Sydney Australia Facebook page.
1. Fancy yourself as a photographer? Why not take a stroll across the Sydney Harbour Bridge for Sydney’s best city and harbour views and capture those iconic Sydney shots.
Need some inspiration? Head to the Sydney Australia Facebook page to discover some of our favourite photos of the famous coat hanger.
2. Since 1816 the Royal Botanic Gardens has breathed life into this unique city of ours. The Garden is more … much more … than just that beautiful place where Sydneysiders and our local and international visitors alike go to walk, run and picnic. It provides a treasure trove of our plants and their rich history.
3. Located adjacent to the picturesque Royal Botanic Gardens is the Art Gallery of NSW.
Modern and contemporary works are displayed in expansive, light-filled spaces, offering stunning views of Sydney and the harbour, while the splendid Grand Courts are home to a distinguished collection of colonial and 19th-century Australian works and European old masters. There are also dedicated galleries celebrating the arts of Asia and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art.
A must see for any art lovers.
4. A 10-minute walk from city centre, Darling Harbour is a lively waterfront precinct throbbing with activity day and night. Free outdoor entertainment will keep everyone amused, throughout the day.
5. Located at the northern end of Darling Harbour, the Australian National Maritime Museum is a lively heritage precinct with many attractions. The distinctive main building has a roofline that evokes waves and sails.
The museum captures the ocean themes with fascinating artifacts, lively exhibitions, fun activities and even the chance to board ships and experience life on the water. Explore today!
Sydney has a wide-ranging cultural life that caters for the whole family. All of its attributes lie within easy reach of the city centre.
Isn’t it time to get out and explore the gateway to Australia?