North Coast beaches
Whether you love body-surfing or serious wave riding, swimming in safe, shallow waters or long beach walks, the beaches of the North Coast are just about perfect. This is the most accessible coastline in Australia, with national parks, nature reserves and headland lookouts.
About the North Coast
Visit the scenic North Coast of NSW where you'll discover a hinterland of lush river valleys and a coastline of sparkling beaches that are accessible from the Legendary Pacific Coast touring route.
North Coast holiday choices are many and varied: tackle the vast sand dunes of Stockton Beach north of Newcastle by 4WD, or scuba dive at the Solitary Islands Marine Park off the coast of Coffs Harbour.
Discover unique nature experiences in the North Coast's many national parks and reserves. Hike through the ancient forests in the World Heritage-listed Dorrigo National Park. The Yuraygir Coastal Walk is a multi-day walk that stretches from Angourie to Red Rocks within Yuraygir National Park. For coastal views at a more leisurely pace, Tomaree National Park at Fingal Bay offers a number of walks of varied length, including the short Wreck Beach Walk.
Whale watching is also popular at many locations along the North Coast. Humpback whales and southern right whales migrate along the NSW coastline throughout June and in the first week of July, and return southwards from around September to November. Observe the migration from several headlands and lookouts, or join whale-watching tours that set off from Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour and Port Stephens.
Sunday 1 November to Monday 30 November 2015
Living Coast Festival Celebrate the natural beauty and wo
Wednesday 18 November to Sunday 29 November 2015
The Great Moscow Circus Edgley Attractions are proud to pre
Monday 23 November to Thursday 26 November 2015
Futures League Cricket Match The Futures League is the Australia
- Byron Bay Area Lush hinterland, sparkling beaches, popular beach culture, great shopping and lively events calendar.
- Clarence Coast Grafton is on the banks of Clarence River with endless outdoor adventures and great surfing beaches.
- Coffs Harbour Area Adventure sports, world-class golf courses, art galleries, cafes and plenty of exciting events.
- Forster & Taree Area With superb beaches, the Manning River and Great Lakes, this region is dominated by water sports.
- Kempsey Area This historic river town is close to national parks and majestic beaches such as Crescent Head.
- Lake Macquarie Area Linking the lake, beaches and mountains are more than 90 villages, with great surfing and heritage towns
- Lismore Area Famous for its World Heritage-listed rainforests and national parks, alternative lifestyle and festivals
- Newcastle Area A vibrant cosmopolitan city perched between a working harbour and beautiful beaches.
- Port Macquarie Area The Hastings River flows into the Port Macquarie sea, national parks'region,surf beaches,coastline.
- Port Stephens Area Golden beaches, a beautiful bay and plenty to do; surfing,kayaking, bushwalking, and dolphin-watch cruises.
- The Tweed Area Enjoy a beautiful coastline and sub tropical climate, stunning resorts and great dining in style.