Govetts Leap, Blackheath
The magnificent Govetts Leap waterfall drops a whopping 180m to the base of the cliff. The 'ozone-laden' air of the Blue Mountains was promoted as a health tonic since the early 1800s, and when you get there, you'll realise why.
Bushwalking in this wilderness area is a favourite pastime, and the region is also famous for its heritage-listed accommodation including guesthouses and luxurious resorts that offer spa treatments, natural therapies and great dining experiences.
Once you've experienced the spectacular blue-hazed beauty, dramatic cliffs and deep canyons of the Blue Mountains, you'll come away refreshed and invigorated. Katoomba's string of townships, which include Blackheath, Faulconbridge, Leura, Megalong Valley, Mount Victoria, Springwood and Wentworth Falls, form a vibrant cultural community where artists, musicians and writers flourish.
Excellent accommodation, restaurants and cafes make Katoomba a great base for exploring the Blue Mountains. At Echo Point you'll find the stunning rock formation known as the Three Sisters, which overlooks the Jamison Valley.
Take an exhilarating, or easy, bushwalk on one of the many walking tracks that start from the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre on Govetts Leap Road in Blackheath. Make sure you get maps and advice on where to go from the Visitor Information Centre for your bushwalk.
Friday 27 November 2015
Poetry Under the Stars The fourth annual celebration of th
Saturday 28 November 2015
Cello and Chocolate - Vivaldi, Vivaldi, Vivaldi for two cellos Enjoy the extraordinary sound of th
Saturday 28 November to Sunday 29 November 2015
Task Force 72 Model Ship Association Annual Regatta Come and watch as members from the
- Blackheath Blackheath is one of the highest towns above sea level in the Blue Mountains. VisitNSW.com lists Blackheath
- Faulconbridge Faulconbridge in the Blue Mountains is home to the Norman Lindsay Gallery. VisitNSW.com lists accommodation
- Katoomba There are many great things to do in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. VisitNSW.com lists Katoomba accommodati
- Leura Leaura in the Blue Mountains is the ideal location for bushwalks. VisitNSW.com lists Leura accommodation, th
- Megalong Valley Megalong Valley located in the Blue Mountains is perfect for Horse Riding. VisitNSW.com lists things to in t
- Mount Victoria Mount Victoria is located in the beautiful Blue Mountains. VisitNSW.com lists things to do in Mount Victoria
- Springwood Springwood is a small town located in the Blue Mountains. VisitNSW.com lists things to do in Springwood NSW
- Wentworth Falls Wentworth Falls in the Blue Mountains is the perfect base to explore the area. VisitNSW.com lists accommodat