Cadmans Cottage - The Rocks
Built in 1816, Cadmans Cottage is one of only a handful of Sydney buildings that remain from the first 30 years of the colony. Over the years this sandstone cottage has been a water transport headquarters, a sailors' home and a water police station, among other things. It used to be beside the water, but since the construction of Circular Quay the harbour has 'moved' 100 metres away.
From March 2013 the booking and information centre at Cadmans Cottage will not be available.