Clark Island - Sydney Harbour
Clark Island was named after a marine officer, Lieutenant Ralph Clark, who arrived in 1788 with the First Fleet.
In 1789, Lieutenant Clark tried to cultivate a vegetable garden on this one hectare island. He abandoned the idea when his crops were repeatedly stolen; ever since, the island has been known by his name. Today small groups use Clark Island as a picnic area. Facilities include drinking water, picnic tables and toilets.
The number of people is restricted to 30 per group with a maximum island capacity of 150 people. The island is also available for wedding ceremonies and exclusive hire (additional fees and conditions apply).
Open daily 9am to 5pm. Open daily during Daylight Savings 8am to 8pm. Bookings in advance essential.