Government House - Sydney
Built between 1837 and 1845, for the Governor of New South Wales, Government House was the most sophisticated Gothic Revival building in the colony.
The ground floor State Rooms include the dining room, drawing room and ballroom. These contain an outstanding collection of nineteenth and twentieth century furnishings and decoration that reflect changing styles and the differing tastes of the Governors and their wives. The first floor includes State Apartments that were used by the Governor, visiting members of the Royal Family and other Heads of State.
The house is sited in an important historic garden with exotic trees, shrubs, carriage ways, paths and terraces overlooking Sydney Harbour.
Government House is subject to closure during state functions, please check their website for further information.
View more museums in Sydney