McKanes Falls Bridge - Lithgow
The McKanes Falls Bridge in Lithgow was completed in 1893 and is one of the seven McDonald timber truss road bridges remaining in New South Wales.
The bridge consists of two 90' (27.43m) truss spans supported at each end by sandstone masonry abutments. The centre pier was built as stone but replaced with a reinforced concrete pier in the 1980s following flood damage. There is no footway.
Bridges are not just functional, they can also be scenic and engineering attractions. Spare a few minutes to admire McKanes Falls Bridge.